Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Connecting






So now I've completed my original building, with slight renovations made to it. Me and Bennett agreed to connect our buildings together. His architecture firm would be a prime routine client for my virtual immersion pre-construction architecture business.

As for the modifications, I've looked back on my original focuses on the earth formations in antelope canyon and the investigation in my stop motion on the revolution of the sun in the daytime. This led to me think about how some spaces maybe well-lit in the morning, but as the sun moves towards midday and the afternoon the angle of the sunlight can cause these spaces to become much more dim lit, whereas spaces that may have been previously dark would receive maximum sunlight. With the interior spaces spread around the building both laterally and vertically, different colleagues can be 'gifted' the natural light at different times of the day.

An idea I very much like, although somewhat hard to experiment and prove on such a program as second life...

No comments:

Post a Comment