Saturday, September 3, 2011

Developing the design



At this point I'm stuck on how to continue my development of the design. So I decided to revisit my previous projects again as well as my matrix project, the New England house by office dA. I drew up a series of patterns and wrote up relevant ideas portrayed by the house, in an effort to merge the ideas together.

I liked the idea of reflection in my sustenance project, especially because there isn't any still texture, such as the grains on a wooden table, or the rough grey on concrete. The texture instead comments on all the textures around it, both still and moving. Was wondering if my entire building's exterior was made of mirrors, it would be amazing. It would almost certainly blend in with the background sky, and that's when i thought of the incredible 'cloud gate' in chicago. The smooth curve and reflectiveness of the bean gives an image of an augmented reality. The edges blend with reality but then obscure the images in the centre, distorting the space behind as well as the space it consumes. This is a perfect idea for my project...

No comments:

Post a Comment